Friday, May 27, 2011

The Healing Position (Luke 8:40-42)

Mondays are unfairly judged by the working class people. The reason most people don't like Mondays is due to the fact that it follows the weekend. I don't dislike Mondays! Maybe it's because I LOVE my job. But if there was a Monday I didn't like it was last weeks Monday. As I sat in my office chair that morning I was not prepared to hear the news I was about to receive. My wife had called me to say the Doctors office had called to give me the results of my biopsy. I have a sore on the top of my head that was not healing and my family doctor said we need to have this checked out. It came back as cancer!

It's called a "Spindle Cell Neoplasm" and is between a basil and malignant. I am going to be honest, I don't understand all the medical terminology associated with cancer but I do know this is not a "good" skin cancer to have (if there is such a thing as a good cancer). We have caught this early and in a few weeks the doctors will remove it. I believe all will be back to normal and life will go on.

I have to admit to you that this news "rocked" me a little bit. I was not prepared to hear that it was cancerous let alone that it was progressing toward malignant. In those first few hours, as I sat alone in my office, I was not sure what to think, what to say, or what to do. As I glanced over at my computer my Facebook account was up and I noticed one of my friends status update. It read, "Mark 5:36, "Do not fear, only believe." At that moment I went into the sanctuary and I knelt at the altar and prayed.

Luke 8:40-42 we read about a leader named Jairus who has a daughter that was dying. What I found so interesting is that this ruler of the synagogue is seen falling at Jesus' feet. I know exactly how Jairus feels. This is the only position one can really take and receive the healing that is needed. The HEALING POSITION is at the feet of Jesus. Sickness and disease is not a respecter of person. It doesn't matter who you are, what you are, or where you are in life, you can become sick or even contract a disease. But the position that we all need to be in at those moments is at the "feet of Jesus." This is the healing position.

God Bless
Pastor Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment