Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Childlike Faith! (Mark 10:13-15)

Mark 10:13-15
13 And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 15 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

     Do you remember as a child not having a care in the world? Every day was an adventure! You didn't worry about how much money you had, what you were going to eat for lunch, or just the everyday life situations that we deal with as adults. You didn't have a care in the world! Oh, how I miss those days. I remember waking up in the morning and going to the woods or the playground. When I was hungry I would go to a friends house or back to my house and eat. The only rule I really had when I was a child was I had to be home for dinner. If not, I didn't eat! My Mom's saying was "the kitchen was closed after dinner." A child's life back then was so different than it is today. Society has changed but I don't think the heart of a child has changed that much. I believe there is still a sense of TRUST, LOVE, and BELIEF in children as was in my day.
     In this passage of scripture we read how Jesus scolded the people because of their attitudes toward children. Jesus takes this opportunity to not only show the people their "wrong" attitudes toward children but he reveals the "proper" attitude toward salvation. It is not something that is earned but a gift from God that is to be accepted as such. Entering the kingdom of God is the same as being saved. Jesus shows the people that just like the faith of a child (TRUSTING, LOVING, and BELIEVE without having to see) we "must" have the same.
     My prayer this morning is "God, let me live in FAITH not FACTS! Help me to trust you more, love you unconditionally, and believe that you want to use me as a servant for You!" Amen!

Blesssings
Pastor Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment