Thursday, January 19, 2012

I John 4:9


View Video Blog, Right Click Link: I John 4:9

In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.

THE STUDY:

          This is the first of the two verses in which the author spells out what he means by saying that ‘love comes from God’ and that ‘God is love’. He does so here by recounting how God revealed his love to humankind.[1]
The word manifested means “to come out in the open, to be made public.” It is the opposite of “to hide, to make secret.” Under the Old Covenant, God was hidden behind the shadows of ritual and ceremony (Heb. 10:1); but in Jesus Christ “the life was manifested” (1 John 1:2). “He that has seen Me,” said Jesus, “has seen the Father” (John 14:9).[2]
                   
WHAT WE CAN WALK AWAY WITH ….

  • We walk away this morning with the answer to one of the greatest question of all times: How do I know God loves me? JESUS CHRIST! John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”[3]

CONCLUSION:

           I use to think God was some big mean God who sat up in heaven and watched all the sinful things I did. He was waiting for the right moment in time to punish me for it. But the truth of the matter is, He is this loving God who sent His Son to take the punishment for my sins so that I may receive his love for eternity. And all I had to do to receive this Love was ASK!
          God is not hiding His love from us Church. He has and is still, today, revealing His love to us through Jesus Christ. All we have to do is receive Christ.

Blessings my friends
Pastor Rod
 


[1] Kruse, C. G. (2000). The letters of John. The Pillar New Testament commentary (157–158). Grand Rapids, Mich.; Leicester, England: W.B. Eerdmans Pub.; Apollos.
[2] Wiersbe, W. W. (1996). The Bible exposition commentary (1 Jn 4:9). Wheaton, Ill.: Victor Books.
[3] The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. 2001 (Jn 3:16). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment