Thursday, November 3, 2011

I John 3:1 (Part 2)

View Video Blog Right Click Link: I John 3:1 (Part 2)

I John 3:1 (Part 2)

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

THE STUDY:

          God’s children experience the love of God. We profess him as our Father, for we have an experiential knowledge of God. We put our trust and faith in him who loves us, provides for us, and protects us.
          The hostile, unbelieving world, however, does not know the children of God. Unbelievers cannot understand us, says John, because they do not know God (compare John 16:2–3 They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me.)
The world does not recognize us because it never recognized him.” The unbelieving world lives separated from God and will never know the significance of our spiritual relationship with God. If we were to become worldly, we would forfeit our status as children of God. By rejecting us, however, the world confirms our relationship with God the Father.[1]

WHAT WE CAN WALK AWAY WITH ….

  • We walk away, this morning, with the understanding that those who comprehend our ways are those who are believers as well. The world cannot understand “US” because they do not know God!
  • We should not find it confusing to the fact that the world rejects us. This is actually a confirmation to the fact that we are believers in Christ.

CONCLUSION:

          I am not sure if it is the fact that I am getting older or the world is getting crazier. I am finding that in our world, I am not of the norm. I don’t think up is down, left is right, and sin is acceptable in certain situations. For the longest time I would be frustrated by this fact and feel that I was not normal. I am coming to an understanding that knowing Christ and having a personal relationship with Him, I am normal.
My encouragement to you today is to accept the fact that the world is not going to understand us (believers). You are not abnormal but normal! Embrace it and continue to do what the Holy Spirit guides you to do. All of this for the Glory of God!


Blessings my friends
Pastor Rod



[1] Kistemaker, S. J., & Hendriksen, W. (1953-2001). Vol. 14: New Testament commentary : Exposition of James and the Epistles of John. New Testament Commentary (294). Grand Rapids: Baker Book House.

No comments:

Post a Comment